Programmering i Python: grundläggande och förberedande kurs (TFRE40), 5.0 hpProgramming in Python: Basic and Preparatory Course
Master the basics of the Python programming language with this foundational course. Python is quickly becoming the language of choice in modern programming, particularly for use with AI & Machine learning models. As a student in this course, you will quickly uncover why Python is a language that is both accessible to beginners and a favourite tool of experts.
By the end of this course, you should be able to understand the basics of programming and be able to write small to medium sized programs in Python. You will be well-placed to take other similar and more advanced courses, such as courses in object orientation and scientific computing.
Why choose this course?
This course aims to demystify the art of coding, making it understandable and achievable for everyone. Here is what you can expect:
• Master the basics: learn the fundamentals of imperative programming.
• Demystify coding: learning what coding is and is not, and how it differs from other structured information.
• Unlock algorithms: explore the secrets of fundamental algorithms, such as search.
• Make sense of data structures: learn to navigate arrays and matrices and understand their significance in managing and organising information.
• Learn crucial debugging skills: dive into the art of identifying and fixing coding errors, a skill every competent programmer needs.
• Gain hands-on experience: get the chance to apply what you learn in context.
• Study online: work on your own terms, totally online.
The course is composed of a seminar and lab series that runs for five weeks. This series is being repeated four times during the semester, which means that admitted students will be able to select and follow one specific series. During the series, the studies are considered 50% of full-time. The dates for the five-week series that admitted students can choose among are: 15/01-18/02, 19/02-14/03, 15/03-28/04, and 29/04-2/06.
We will even open late admissions to the courses before each series starts. You can start the course as late as 29/4 without missing any part of the course.
This foundational course is the first in a three-part series given in collaboration with Uppsala University and Umeå University. Students who pass this course will be eligible to continue to the next course given online by Uppsala University, titled: Programming in Python: Working with Shared Libraries, 5 hp, followed by Programming in Python: Code Quality and Best Practices, 5 hp, given online by Umeå University. All courses will be taught in English.
Whether you're stepping into the world of programming for the first time or looking to strengthen your coding foundations, this course has been designed to empower you with these essential Python skills.
|Vårtermin 2024, 2024-01-15 - 2024-06-02
|Distans • Halvfart • Blandad undervisningstid
|2023-10-16 Gå till anmälan
|Se LU:s kurssida