Civil Engineering Labs
The Civil Engineering Laboratories are a collaboration between different laboratories connected to the V-building. Within the Civil Engineering Laboratories we have many different instruments, testing machines but also different competencies to help you with your research and development.
Please notice that the Fire Lab has become part of the Civil Engineering Labs.
Information about in-house expertise can be found on the respective lab's website (see list of labs below).
Equipment within the Civil Engineering Labs includes (from small scale to large scale)
- Mechanical testing
- Photometric measurements
- Solar simulation
- Daylight and colorimetric rooms
- Climate conditioning and drying
- Moisture monitoring
- Outdoor exposure and testing sites and weather station
- Characterization of sorption properties
- Characterization of thermal properties
- Mixing of concrete and asphalt and sieving equipment
- Remote sensing and non-invasive measurements
- Sound and vibration
- Fire testing
- Emission and air characterization
- Water quality
- Microbial quality
- Façade and building envelope testing
- Tunnel testing site (e.g fire, evacuation)
- Drilling equipment and characterization of soil and bedrock properties
Information about typical users can be found on the respective lab's website (see list of labs below).
User skill requirements
Information about user skill requirements can be found on the respective lab's website (see list of labs below).
Insurance and safety
Information about insurance and safety can be found on the respective lab's website (see list of labs below).
Each lab has its own contact person. Contact information can be found on the respective lab's website.