How to apply
Who can study at LTH as an exchange student?
To study at LTH as an exchange student, your home university must have a formal exchange agreement with LTH.
You apply via the International Office at your home university. Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university, you will receive specific information about the application process for exchange studies at LTH — Faculty of Engineering, Lund University. An overview of the process is displayed below:
How to apply
Online application via SoleMOVE
- Your home university nominates you via SoleMOVE
- You receive an email from SoleMOVE with your log in credentials and instructions = you activate you account and start working on your application (see dates below)
- You receive an email from the International Office at the Faculty of Engineering with information on our learning platform Canvas; with useful and necessary information on your application.
The application periods for nominated exchange students are:
- 1 April- 25 April for autumn semester (September-January) and academic year exchange studies
- 1 October- 25 October for spring semester exchange studies (January-June)
Complete your online application
Step #1: You are required to submit the following documents in English to support your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
Stating your educational background and work experiences
- Statement of purpose
Maximum one page. Motivating your exchange, why you have chosen Lund and your career goals
- Official Transcript of Records
With all your previous academic studies (including "classe préparatoire" for French students and Bachelor studies for Master students)
- A list of ongoing courses
If not included in the transcript
- Preferably course descriptions
Of the courses listed in your transcript of records that can strengthen your course application
Required if you are applying to Architecture or Industrial Design courses:
Portfolio requirements for Architecture
Portfolio requirements for Industrial Design
Step #2: Create your Study Plan. Choose courses adding up to 30 credits and state one alternative per course.
It is your responsibility to ensure that courses studied at Lund University can be included as an accredited part of your degree programme, please check with your home university to ask if credit transfer is permitted before coming to Lund. It is not possible to change courses after the semester has started.
How to create your Study Plan
Please note that a minimum of 15 credits has to be studied at LTH - Faculty of Engineering
Step #3 If you want, sign up for the SUSA-course (Introductory Swedish language course) and mentor programme. Ask you home university if the SUSA-course can be accredited to your degree programme.