How to apply
Who can study at LTH as an exchange student?
To study at LTH as an exchange student, your home university must have a formal exchange agreement with LTH.
You apply via the International Office at your home university. Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university, you will receive specific information about the application process for exchange studies at LTH — Faculty of Engineering, Lund University. An overview of the process is displayed below:
How to apply
You apply online via SoleMOVE, instructions will be updated shortly, before the application period starts.
The application periods for nominated exchange students are:
- 1 April- 25 April for autumn semester (September-January) and academic year exchange studies
- 1 October- 25 October for spring semester exchange studies (January-June)
Complete your online application
Step #1: You are required to submit the following documents in English to support your application:
- An official transcript of all your previous academic studies (including "classe préparatoire" for French students and Bachelor studies for Master students)
- A list of ongoing courses (if not included in the transcript)
- Preferably course descriptions of the courses listed in your transcript of records that can strengthen your course application
- Statement of purpose (motivating your exchange, why you have chosen Lund and your career goals on approximately one A4 page) and CV
- Copy of your passport (underline your first name)
- Portfolio is required if you are applying to Architecture or Industrial Design courses
- See the requirements for Architecture
- See the requirements for Industrial Design
Step #2: Choose courses adding up to 30 credits and state one alternative per course.
It is your responsibility to ensure that courses studied at Lund University can be included as an accredited part of your degree programme, please check with your home university to ask if credit transfer is permitted before coming to Lund. It is not possible to change courses after the semester has started.
Please note that a minimum of 15 credits has to be studied at LTH - Faculty of Engineering
Step #3 If you want, sign up for the SUSA-course (Introductory Swedish language course) and mentor programme. Ask you home university if the SUSA-course can be accredited to your degree programme.
You must follow a full time study plan of 30 credits each semester to be accepted for exchange studies at the Faculty of Engineering LTH.
Keep in mind that:
- You should aim to have a well-balanced study plan with an average workload of 15 credits in each study period.
- You are allowed to combine courses freely from the different engineering programmes. It is your responsibility to check and verify the specific requirements for each course and prepare your schedule. Under Find exchange courses you will be able to find the courses that are being offered as well as information about schedule.
- Once your study plan has been settled before your arrival to Lund, you will be registered in the Lund University study documentation system (Ladok) for the courses that have been pre-approved by the responsible professors. More information about that will be given to you after arrival in Lund on the Pre-Registration Day.
Examples on how to diposition your courses (engineering):
Change of courses
Please think carefully when preparing your study plan. The Faculty of Engineering LTH does not have an Add & Drop courses period. Changes in the study plan for the semester after the deadline (check Timeframe - course application and key dates) are in general not accepted!
Discuss your choice of courses in terms of validation with your home university before including alternative courses.