How to apply
To study at LTH as an exchange student, your home university must have a formal exchange agreement with LTH.
English language proficiency
Exchange students are not required to provide official English language documentation, however it is expected that your level of English language proficiency is equivalent to CERF B2. Double degree students must provide a language certificate. An institutional certificate is sufficient.
You apply via the International Office at your home university. Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university, you will receive specific information about the application process for exchange studies at LTH, Faculty of Engineering, Lund University.
Online application via SoleMOVE
- Your home university nominates you via SoleMOVE
- You receive an email from SoleMOVE with your log in credentials and instructions = you activate you account and start working on your application (see dates below)
- You receive an email from the International Office at the Faculty of Engineering with information on our learning platform Canvas; with useful and necessary information on your application.
The application periods for nominated exchange students are:
- 1 April- 25 April for autumn semester (September-January) and academic year exchange studies
- 1 October- 25 October for spring semester exchange studies (January-June)
How to complete your online application
Step #1 - Relevant documents
You are required to:
- Submit all documents in English.
- Name the documents before upload them in the system accordingly.
For example: First name_Last name_Transcript of records.
Stating your educational background and work experience.
Maximum one page. Motivating your exchange, why you have chosen Lund and your career goal.
With all your previous academic studies (including "classe préparatoire" for French students and Bachelor's studies for Master's students).
See information under Course descriptions below.
If not included in the transcript.
You should fill in the eligibility form and provide us with information regarding course descriptions or syllabi for courses in your transcript of records and ongoing courses.
Step #2 - Study plan
Create your Study Plan. Choose courses adding up to 30 credits and state at least one alternative per course.
It is your responsibility to ensure that courses studied at Lund University can be included as an accredited part of your degree programme, please check with your home university to ask if credit transfer is permitted before coming to Lund. It is not possible to change courses after the semester has started.
Information on how to create your Study Plan
Please note that a minimum of 15 credits has to be studied at LTH, Faculty of Engineering.
Step #3 - Swedish language course
If you want, sign up for the SUSA-course (Introductory Swedish language course) and mentor programme. Ask you home university if the SUSA-course can be accredited to your degree programme.