Degree project / Master's thesis
As a nominated exchange student from one of LTH’s partner universities, you have the possibility to pursue a degree project/master’s thesis at the Faculty of Engineering LTH.
- The degree project is of 30 credits and lasts one semester.
- To be accepted for a degree project/master’s thesis, you need to find a supervisor at LTH. You will also need to have an examiner from LTH. Your supervisor may help you with that.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of a supervisor.
- You need to follow LTH's degree project process regardless of the process at your home university.
- It is not possible to pursue a bachelor thesis at LTH.
How to proceed
If you are interested in doing your degree project/master’s thesis during your exchange at LTH, you need to contact the department in question yourself to see if there is a relevant degree project/master’s thesis available. LTH cannot guarantee supervision in every department or research division.
Process overview of degree project/master’s thesis (Student website LTH)
You need to follow the application procedures for exchange studies. In your application, you should put the course code of the degree project of your interest.
Application procedures for exchange studies
Pass or Fail is awarded after the completion of the degree project/master’s thesis. No ECTS grade awarded.
Research at LTH
The Faculty of Engineering LTH is world leading in many research areas.