Courses in Architecture
Teaching in the Autumn term 2020 at Architecture and built environment
During the autumn semester of 2020, the teaching provided by the Department of Architecture and Built Environment will be adapted to the guidelines regarding the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The teaching will include a mixture of distance education and teaching on campus. This means that all students must be present in Lund to be able to participate in the teaching activities that take place on site.
Study trips abroad will not be carried out by the department during the autumn term of 2020. Exceptions are Själland and Bornholm, if this is compatible with Swedish and Danish travel regulations. Study trips, study visits and field trips in Sweden will be carried out if this is possible in accordance with the guidelines and recommendations of the Public Health Agency.
The course coordinators will communicate more detailed information about how the teaching will be designed in each course, as well as how and where reliable detailed information about the course structure can be reached (e.g. Time Edit, Canvas, course home pages etc.).
- A BA degree or three years of studies in Architecture.
- Submission of following documents: a digital portfolio showing your best design works in architecture, a statement of purpose, and your CV.
Follow the following instructions to create a neat, clear, and effective portfolio:
- It should reflect the scope and variety of your previous training. You should submit work that represents your personal interests and abilities.
- Include a brief description of the context in which each work is created to provide a clearer understanding (e.g. assignment settings, main objectives, requirements, prerequisites, design concept etc.) The portfolio should show how you carry out your research, explore a design project, and develop your ideas.
- If a group work is presented, indicate clearly the role that you played in the project. If professional work is presented, indicate clearly your contribution to the project.
Digital portfolio requirements
- Must be submitted as a PDF file not larger than 10 MB.
- Include a statement of purpose (one-page maximum) describing your reasons for applying to exchange studies at the School of Architecture and your CV.
- The file names must include your name
- If possible, assemble all your projects into one portfolio file. If you must send more than one file, add a sequence number before the ".pdf" extension.