Modern Optimization and Machine Learning in Acoustics, EM, Radar, and Sonar
Contact: Christer [dot] Larsson [at] eit [dot] lth [dot] se
Save event to your calendar
A Virtual Workshop on Applications and Methods in Acoustics, EM, Radar, and Sonar
This virtual workshop is organized in cooperation between Lund University, Saab, and IEEE Sweden (SP, MTT/AP). The aim is to provide the participants with a venue to discuss and learn about theory and applications of Modern Optimization and Machine Learning.
The focus is on practical problems and the choice of methods.
When: 19 May 2021, 09.00 - 17.00
Where: Online at the zoom platform
Keynote: IEEE DL Professor Pier Luigi Dragotti, Imperial College, London
Topics of Interest
- Inverse Problems, Optimization, Compressive Sensing, and Machine Learning
- Applications in Acoustics, Electromagnetics, Radar, Sonar, and Wave Propagation
IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Professor Pier Luigi Dragotti from Imperial College, London will present the keynote.
Presentations will be held by researchers from academia and the industry.
More information and an updated agenda can be found at https://www.overleaf.com/read/cgtstfkfpphp
- Sparse Sampling: Theory and Applications (Keynote)
IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Pier Luigi Dragotti, Imperial College, UK
- Best and Better than Best – The Quest for Optimal Antennas
Mats Gustafsson, Lund University, Sweden
- 3D Acoustic Shape Optimization Using Cut Finite Element Methods
Martin Berggren, Umeå University, Sweden
- A practical approach to sparse recovery in spherical near-field antenna measurements
Cosme Culotta López, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Tensor-Field Based Localization Using Sensor Arrays – A Machine Learning Approach
Isaac Skog, Linköping University, Sweden
- Data Driven Large-Scale Convex Optimisation
Jevgenija Rudzusika, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Deep Learning Accelerated Computations for Radar Related Applications
Adam Andersson, Saab Surveillance and Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Radar Cross Section Analysis with BPDN
Christer Larsson, Saab Dynamics and Lund University, Sweden
- Stepped Frequency Pulse Compression with Non-Coherent Radar Using Deep Learning
Alexander Karlsson, Saab Surveillance and Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Optimal Design for Microstrip Antennas
Ben Nel, Lund University, Sweden
- Multilayer Topology Optimization of Wideband Waveguide Transitions
Emadeldeen Hassan, Umeå University, Sweden
A Zoom link will be provided to all participants.
Contact Christer.Larsson@eit.lth.se as soon as possible, if you like to participate in the workshop.
Please let us know if you are an IEEE member.