Apply for courses
Students enrolled in a 2-year international master's programme at LTH might be required to apply for courses. This does not apply to exchange students.
- Most Master's degree students at LTH must apply for courses before each study period.
- Students in Achitecture and SUDes only apply for courses before each semester.
- Students in Energy-efficient and Environmental Building Design, Industrial Design, FIPDes and IMFSE, who have only pre-selected courses, do not need to apply for courses.
Students must apply for all courses in the programme (including compulsory courses) except the KKK000 and the Degree Project. A reminder is sent out to you by email when it it time to apply.
How to apply
You apply for courses at https://kurser.lth.se/kursanmalan:
- Click on "Log in for course application"
- Sign in with your student (StiL) account
If you want to apply for courses after the course application has closed
- Contact the course coordinator by email to get approval.
- Forward the approval to your international coordinator who can help you with the course application.
You cannot do the course application yourself after the deadline. You can find the contact information for the course coordinator in the course syllabus.
If you want to drop a course you have selected before the start of the course
You are not obliged to do anything, but it is polite to notify the course coordinator.
If you want to drop a course you have started
You must notify the course coordinator in writing within three weeks from the start of the course. Fee-paying students who fail to do so will be charged for the course.
If you want to apply for a course not offered in your programme
To ask to include the course it in your programme you need to submit an application form.
The application form has to be handed in during the application period. You can not fill in this form after you have started a course.
When to apply
|Study Period||Course Application|
|period 4, 2018/19||2019-02-04||2019-02-19||2019-03-25||2019-05-29|
|period 1, 2019/10||2019-05-06||2019-05-21||2019-09-02||2019-10-23|
|period 2, 2019/20||2019-09-16*||2019-10-02*||2019-11-04||2019-12-20|
|period 3, 2019/20||2019-11-18*||2019-11-26*||2020-01-20||2020-03-11|
|period 4, 2019/20||2020-02-03*||2020-02-18*||2020-03-23||2020-05-29|
* The dates for course application are preliminary
Do you want to apply to a course not offered in your programme?
To apply for a course not offered in your programme you need to hand in a form during the application period. You can not fill in this form after you have started a course.
Application for credit transfer
If you want to apply for a transfer of credits for courses you have studied at another university, you need to fill in the form "Application form for credit transfer".