LTH:s Medarbetarwebb


Denna sida på svenska This page in English

Vacation, sick leave and other leaves

Annual leave

All employees have the right to take a certain number of paid days annual leave each year. The number of paid days leave you get depends on your age, but will be at least 28 days for each full calendar year you are employed at the University. Speak to your manager or supervisor to find out how many holidays you are entitled to. You can also check your holiday balance in Primula.

You are entitled to your paid holidays as soon as your employement begins, however if you start in the middle of a calendar year then you will only receive the equivalent proportion of holidays. For example, if your employment terms starts on 1 July, then you will receive roughly 50% of a full-year holiday allowance.

Other types of leave

There may be times when you need to take time off work outside of your holidays, for example in the event of doctor appointments, illness, a family bereavement, or maternity/paternity leave.

For information about taking time off in such circumstances, please contact your manager, supervisor or HR coordinator.

Sick leave at LTH

Notification of illness

A notification of illness must always be made to your line manager. Illnesses shall also be reported by the employee in Primula on the first day of absence.


When you are well again, report your recovery in Primula on the first day back to work.

Medical certificate

If your are sick more than 7 days, you must submit a copy of a medical certificate to your line manager.

A copy of the certificate should also be sent to:

Lunds universitet
LTHs kansli/Personalavdelningen
Box 118
221 00 Lund

or by internal mail to hämtställe 55, LTHs kansli, Löneunderlag

Send the original certificate to Försäkringskassan if you are ill more than 14 days. The National Government Service Centre (SSC) will report your illness to Försäkringskassan after day 15.

Extensions of medical certificates must be sent to your line manager, to the HR department LTH/Löneunderlag and to Försäkringskassan on an ongoing basis.

If you do not submit a medical certificate from the eight day of your sick leave, your employer is not obliged to pay you sick pay.



Register holidays and sick days, view pay slips, update your personal details and much more.