Lunds universitet

Denna sida på svenska This page in English

Minor Field Studie



Through Sida’s Minor Field Studies (MFS) scholarship you can spend 8–10 weeks in a developing country conducting a minor field study for your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree project.

Am I eligible for the MFS scholarship?

In order to be considered eligible for the MFS scholarship, you should:

  • Be a Swedish citizen OR a non-EU citizen who has been granted long-term resident status in Sweden OR a citizen of another Nordic country who has been living in Sweden on a permanent basis for at least one year by the application date. 
    Note that permanent right of residence for EU citizens does not qualify you for this scholarship. If you are a long-term resident in Sweden, you cannot conduct the field study in your home country.
  • Be a Bachelor's or Master's student enrolled at Lund University – and not a PhD student – who needs to collect data for their degree project.
  • Have completed at least 150 ECTS by the time of departure.
  • Be proficient in English. If the language of the host country is French, Spanish or Portuguese, you must have acquired language qualifications equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary school C-level in this language.  
  • Have a good understanding of the Swedish language.
  • Not have received any scholarship for fieldwork concerning development before (including MFS).
    You can apply if you have studied or spent time in a developing country.
  • Have an active interest in international affairs.

More info can be found here