2nd Symposium on lignin and hemicellulose valorisation by LU Biofuels and EERA Bioenergy
Where? Palaestra, Lund
When? November 3-4, 2015fileadmin/energiportalen/Energy_Portal/Files/programme_update_final.pdf
Michael O'Donohue - Lignins and Pentoses: biorefinery waste streams or chemical intermediates?
Tim Bugg - Bacterial enzymes for lignin valorisation
Gudbrand Rödsrud - Potential applications for different lignin source based on experience from Borregard
Paul Christakopoulos - Biocatalytic applications of feruloyl and glucuronoyl esteras
Richard Gosselink - Lignin valorization towards materials, chemicals and energy
Ulrica Edlund - Plastics from biomass hemicelluloses
Christian Hulteberg - Depolymerisation of lignin
Maija Tenkanen - Aerogels from mannans
Patrick Adlercreutz - Production of prebiotics from hemicellulose
LU Biofuels is a multi-disciplinary research platform that brings together researchers working on biofuels (in a Swedish and international context) from across faculties, departments and centres at Lund University. The team at LU Biofuels is meeting on a regular basis and organising exciting events.
Lund University through LU Biofuels is a partner in the Swedish Knowledge Centre for Renewable Transportation Fuels (F3 Centre). The F3 Centre connects a range of stakeholders including leading universities and industrial companies to contribute to the development of fossil free fuels.
• In May 2015, LU Biofuels organised a day on prospects for biofuels.
• In December 2013, LU Biofuels organised a workshop on enzymatic and sustainable biomass valorisation.
• In May 2013, LU Biofuels organised a day on the topic Research and Strategies Towards a Fossil-Free Society.
• In November 2012, LU Biofuels and the F3 Centre organised an open seminar on Integrated Biofuel Production: Policy and Technology.
• In August 2012, LU Biofuels organised an intensive introductory course on LCA and Process Design.
• In April 2012, LU Biofuels organised an interactive workshop on what are the fuels of the future.
• In February to May 2012, LU Biofuels organised a PhD course on GHG accounting and bioenergy systems.
• In August 2011, LU Biofuels organised a PhD course on the biofuels of today and tomorrow.
• In October 2010, LU Biofuels organised a workshop on cross-disciplinary research opportunities.
• In October 2009, LU Biofuels organised a seminar on LU Biofuels as a strategic research platform at Lund University.
• Read Green Indicator for a digest of news and trends from the world of renewable fuels and chemicals.
• Visit the Bioenergy International Magazine and the World Bioenergy Association for news and events on bioenergy.
• Check out Biofuels Digest for all the news from the USA to the EU on biofuels for transport.