Degree certificate

Apply for your Master's Degree Certificate

You need to apply for the degree certificate once you have completed all your courses and all the final grades are reported by your lecturers into the student register LADOK.

You apply for the degree certificate in the Student Portal If you have problems finding your degree in the list limit the number of results searching by faculty (i.e. LTH) or by type of degree (i.e. Master). 

The degree certificate is issued by the degree office at LTH (E-building, fifth floor) and it is free of charge.

In case you graduated several years ago and can no longer access the Student Portal please contact the degree office

Please check that the spelling of your name in LADOK is correct. Otherwise contact LU support: 

If any credits are missing please contact the course coordinator.

The degree certificate can be sent to an address in Sweden or abroad.

The degree certificate is sent to your address registered in LADOK. To have the certificate sent to another address:

  • change the address in the Student Portal
  • alternatively, state your new address in the message box in the application. 

The degree office will handle all applications in turn and the handling time varies over the year depending on the number of applications received.

Degree certificate and course certificate

All courses included in the degree are listed in the degree certificate. A diploma supplement is issued with the degree certificate. It provides a description of the degree, level, context, and content of the completed studies, as well as information about the Swedish higher education system.

Courses exceeding the degree requirements will not be included in the degree. You can ask for a course certificate from the course administrator.

The degree certificate is bilingual—Swedish and English. The diploma states when the education is completed and when it is issued.

Course certificate for exchange students

If you are an exchange student, we will send you a transcript with your course results after each semester. 

  • If you are an European student, the transcript will be sent to your home address.
  • If you are a non-European student, the transcript will be sent to your home university.

Do you need certified photocopies of your degree certificate?

Send an email to with the following information

  1. Type "Order Copy of Degree Certificate" in the header
  2. First and last name:
  3. Identification number "Personnummer":
  4. Degree:
  5. Education completed, year:
  6. Postal address:
  7. Phone number:

In some cases you need to pay a fee for the copies. More information can be found here.

NOTE! If your degree is issued December 2014 or earlier, you can contact

Page Manager: | 2019-05-09