The term exchange student implies that your home university has a formal agreement for exchange studies with Lund University. You apply to the Faculty of Engineering LTH via your International Office at home. Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university you can apply for exchange studies at Lund University.
How to submit your application
Applications are made online semester-wise: https://exchange.lth.se
Username and password will be sent to nominated students via e-mail.
1. The following supporting documents in English are required:
- An official transcript of all your previous academic studies
- A list of ongoing courses (if not included in the transcript)
- Preferably course descriptions
- Statement of purpose and CV
- Copy of your passport (underline your first name)
- Portfolio is required if you are applying to Architecture or Industrial Design courses
2. Choose courses adding up to 30 credits and state one alternative per course. Check that all courses, including your alternatives can be accredited back home before coming to Lund. It is not possible to change courses after semester has started.
3. Sign up for the SUSA-course (Swedish language course) and mentor at the same time.
- Autumn semester: April 1 - April 25
- Spring semester: October 1 - October 25
You must follow a full time study plan of 30 credits (no more, no less) each semester during the exchange period. Please be aware that you have to be admitted to full time studies before you can be accepted for exchange studies by the Faculty of Engineering LTH.
The semester at LTH is divided into two study periods. Some courses are given over the whole semester, but most courses are only offered once a year.
You are allowed to combine courses freely from the different engineering programmes. Exchange students must observe and verify the specific requirements for each course. Under courses for exchange students you will be able to find the courses that are being offered.
Once your study plan has been settled before your arrival to Lund, you will be registered in the Lund University study documentation system (Ladok) for the courses that have been pre-approved by the responsible professors.
Important! Changes in the study plan for the semester after the deadline (please check Timeframe - course application and key dates) are in principle not accepted! Please think carefully when preparing your study plan. We don't have an Add & Drop courses period after Arrival. Discuss your choice of courses with your home university beforehand if an alternative course is validated or not.
English language requirements
Exchange students must have a high proficiency of English in order to succeed with their academic studies at Lund University - a level equivalent to the requirements for International Master students in Sweden is recommendable.
Please note that we do not require any official documentation such as a TOEFL or IELTS test result for incoming exchange students.
Double degree students should provide a language certificate. An institutional certificate is sufficient.
Questions about the application procedure?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org