Once you have been accepted for studies at Lund University, the Faculty of Engineering (LTH), you can look forward to the experience of a unique student life. A third of Lund's population consists of students. Many of today's student traditions date back to the 18th and 19th century when the university was fairly young. The student culture has evolved with time and today offers a great variety of associations and activities for students to take part in.
Every faculty at Lund University has a student union and at LTH the student union is called “Teknologkåren” or “TLTH”. In Lund there is a myriad of organisations and associations to join, mostly they are organised within the Student Unions, the Student Nations or the Academic Society. In these and all of its sub-organisations and committees you can participate in just about anything. In addition to that, LTH and Lund University offer a number of services to support students in their academic studies.
THE STUDENT UNION AT LTH
Teknologkåren (TLTH) is an organisation completely run by students. Every year eleven elected student representatives take one year of approved leave from their studies in order to work at Teknologkåren. These students are called the “Sabbatical Officers” or “Heltidare” and their work includes improving the quality of the education, enriching student life, creating career opportunities and safeguarding student rights.
If you have problems with your courses, comments about your study environment or if you would like more information about the student union, you are more than welcome to drop by their office in Kårhuset or to contact the Education Committe and its chairman Marcus:
Teknologkåren works actively with issues related to equal treatment. If you feel that you have been mistreated, offended or discriminated by someone with connection to LTH or Lund University, there is a lot of help and support. If you have questions please contact:
- Tobias Wrammerfors, Head of Social Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, – 0704–187925
And much more...
If you are interested in what Teknologkåren does, you are more than welcome to ask questions at our Front Desk at Kårhuset or contact us at:
- The Front Desk, email@example.com – 046-5408920
THE STUDENT GUILDS AT TEKNOLOGKÅREN
In order to facilitate your participation in LTH student life, you have been assigned to one of Teknologkårens student guilds in accordance with your study plan here at LTH. Some master programs aren’t disclosed in the list, but this is the rough outline.
These are the different guilds at Teknologkåren:
• F Students of Engineering Nanoscience, Engineering Mathematics and Engineering Physics
• E Students of Electrical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering
• M Students of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering and Technical Design
• V Students of Civil Engineering, Surveying and Fire Safety Engineering/Risk Management
• A Students of Architecture and Industrial Design
• K Students of Chemical Engineering/Biotechnology
• D Students of Information and Communication Systems Engineering and Computer Science
• Dokt PhD Students from all programs at the Faculty of Engineering
• ING Students of Engineering at campus Helsingborg
• I Students of Industrial Engineering and Management
• W Students of Environmental Engineering