Within the concept of energy and building design, a building is regarded as an integrated system in which the aim is to create a sustainable, energy-efficient building with a comfortable indoor climate and good lighting, in association with the technical supply systems of the building.
The programmes in Engineering, Architecture and Industrial Design given by LTH provide the interdisciplinary basis required for this work, allowing the development of technically sound, architecturally functional and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
Teaching and research in energy and building design are focused on:
- energy use and energy efficiency
- thermal and visual comfort
- passive and active use of solar energy
- passive cooling (airing and sun protection measures)
- the use of glass in buildings
- the influence and demands of users
Research covers the whole range from theory to completed buildings.