The Division of Traffic and Roads at LTH is pursuing research on the energy use in passenger transport and various means of reducing it. Examples of current research projects are given below.
- IMPACT involves studies on how the measures necessary to achieve a sustainable transport system can be implemented.
- Public transport in small towns, the aim of which is to identify the factors affecting public transport in small towns.
- Effects of investments in regional trains is a project aimed at analysing the effects on society of investments in regional trains.
- Driving aids for lower fuel consumption is the continuation of an ongoing project on driving patterns, and how they affect fuel consumption and emissions.
- SvARTEMIS involves the implementation of an EU emission model for road traffic as the basis for Swedish emission statistics, and the follow-up of the Air Quality Directive (80/779/EEC).