On the 4-5 December 2009, the High Level Workshop (HLW), organised by Atomium Culture under the scientific guidance of Lund University and with the patronage and participation of the Swedish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, focused on Governance for a Low-Carbon Soceity.
What will have to happen after COP15? The HLW assessed the possible concrete solutions to reach the targets set for the coming years. To do this it brought together leading thinkers from university, business, media and policy makers in order to create a shared view on the barriers and possibilities for the transition to a low-carbon society.
The questions addressed for COP15 included:
- What are the new tecnologies that already exist and that can help the transition to a low-carbon society and make Europe the first low-carbon society in the world?
- How can long-term goals be reconciled with short term priorities?
- What is the trade-off between efficiency and democracy, or between control and stakeholder engagement?
- What is the role of information, education and R&D in making the transition?
- What will be the role of leadership and pioneers in making the transition?
Visit http://atomiumculture.org/ for more information.